2007年2月26日 星期一

test run, a good run

I was quite nervous before tonight, not knowing if the test run will work. I imagined lots of problems. However, other than the Internet connection speed, it was a good test. In addition, I finally got to "meet" Viktor, who has been very patient in helping me.

The biggest problem tonight, I think, was connection speed and our ignorance to the functions of the system. It took me a while to find the setting that allows multiple speakers. I think my webcam is not in great quality. Looks like I still have to do this from UH instead from the comfort of my home.

I also found out tonight that some students might have used the system while others might not. As a new user myself, I think we will need some time to get use to the system. I am thinking using the tools I am familiar with, such as this blog, my wiki site, google calendar, google group, etc. After all, it is not the tool that is the focus, right? I hope Chair will agree with me. :-)

I also found out tonight that students might need to first apply for an account and then be added manually to the classes. It is okay as long as I know in advance. I was worried about the undergrad class. It will be a great challenge for me and the students if they have no computer during class time. How terrible it would be if they have to sit there and listen to me for 90 minutes in break-up connection without any means to interact with me. I asked Viktor to look into checking out laptops. It is important. Victor seemed to agree.

I think the classes will be okay. Let's see in 2 days. Now, I just need to get the materials ready, ha!

Some functions of Breeze are more straightforward than others. I am going to learn as I go.

沒有留言: