2007年3月5日 星期一

fail attempts

tried several things this weekend, none successful

  • the free CamStudio was a great news to me. I thought it was cool, going to solve all my problems. After spending several hours figuring out how to use it, I finally realized it is free for a reason: the audio and video do not sync... After trying to adjust a setting for several hours, I have decided to give this one up. Need to either find another free software, or purchase Camtasia.
  • ppt does have built-in function to record sound to each slide. However, annotate each individual slides are actually more time consuming than I realized, even though it can be done within ppt. But if I can show ppt, go to website, read a document, etc and talking at the same time, it will reduce my course preparation time dramatically.
  • in addition, this annotated ppt does not play the sound when uploaded to Breeze. Not sure what I did wrong. Either I did something wrong, or Breeze does not support this kind of sound. still trying to figure out the best way to deliver a pre-recorded lecture.
  • tried to use Wisdom to create a poll. Curt has agreed to give students a lecture about 10 key areas in elearning. But he said he cannot cover all 10 in 20 minutes. So I thought I would let students vote for what they want to know. The system keeps telling me some invalid characters were used in the description. What invalid character? So I eventually created one at surveymoney.com
  • tried to navigate to a google video site but the student side cannot hear anything even though they can see the screen. still trying to figure out how to do this - may not be video, audio files too. How do I share them with the students? I tried shared desktop and it did not work. I can do weblink pod, I guess but then the students have control of the web page.
  • I cannot connect to Widsom for 2 days, wondered why.

However, I was able to test the system a little more with my mom.. Oh, yes, if my mom can use the system, we all can.



grace

沒有留言: